Hört mal...

• Seite 2 von 2
20.12.2021 18:18
#16 RE: Hört mal...

Respekt, das nenn ich mal ne fundierte Erklärung!
Ganz herzlichen Dank dafür,

Flauten

Antworten

Beitrag melden
21.12.2021 19:42
avatar  DigitalPipes ( gelöscht )
#17 RE: Hört mal...
Di
DigitalPipes ( gelöscht )

Zitat von ahlborn im Beitrag #14

I can try to do a technical analysis to understand how comparable the Prestige series and the Chorum series are.

These are two technologies born at different times and for very different organs.

The Prestige series (at least in its latest implementation called "Truepipe", contained in the Prestige 100/20 series organs) was a high-level sampling technology: relatively long samples, with the possibility of having up to one sample per note (although actually use on average up to about 12 samples for the whole keyboard range), quite extensive voicing possibilities, and a very careful care in the processing and selection of the samples.
The modular hardware system included a motherboard with several tone generation slave cards, and many DACs. This provided many audio advantages.
Prestige 100/50 models could also be purchased with the optional "AFC" implementation which is the equivalent of the current digital room correction (I think it was developed in collaboration with Yamaha, but I don't remember well).
Small microphones were permanently mounted in the consolle which "listened" to the response of the console and possibly corrected the sound emission.
A truly innovative system for the time (early 2000s).
This technology was the "state of the art" of Viscount sampling technology and was in fact implemented in instruments with solid wood and finely crafted consoles: if you have the chance, try to see a Preatige 100: the inlays of the console are gorgeous, and everything is designed for an instrument that will have to last over time.

Chorum technology was created for low-end organs. This does not mean, however, that it sounds bad; however, being a technology designed for cheaper instruments, it does not benefit from all those advantages such as advanced voicing, and/or very refined sample care. Even the hardware system, which in a certain sense is very simplified compared to the Prestige series, has some disadvantages compared to the Prestige: certainly the presence of few DACs compared to the Prestige technology puts it at a disadvantage. But once again, it is necessary to evaluate the class to which this technology belongs.
For what the Chorums cost, they sound incredibly good, and if the samples like them as they come out of the box then it may be the best buy possible.
After all, the Prestige are a "high end" technology; even if it is older than the Artem technology (a few years in reality) it already benefits from a very modern hardware by today's standards, and has a highly "refined" software.

You really know a lot of things about these instruments, don't you? One might think you are someone of Viscount in disguise ;)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
21.12.2021 21:22 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 21.12.2021 22:11)
#18 RE: Hört mal...
ah

The passion for the design and engineering techniques dedicated to the organ (both pipe and electronic), and to the piano (in this case only acoustic), have always fascinated me.
In particular, when I was still a student and I had to buy my first electronic organ for home (around 2002), I had learned about every possible technology to the point of almost obsession; I wanted to make sure I made the right purchase for me (in that case it was an Ahlborn).
And this passion for the pursuit of details has remained until today. And not only for keyboard musical instruments..

I'm not a Viscount employee; if I had been, I wouldn't have had a problem saying that!. I am only a organist and my job is music teaching.
But I am lucky enough to know an engineer who works in Viscount, to whom I often ask for advice!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
22.12.2021 07:34
#19 RE: Hört mal...

Zitat von ahlborn im Beitrag #18
The passion for the design and engineering techniques dedicated to the organ (both pipe and electronic), and to the piano (in this case only acoustic), have always fascinated me.

Da sind wir wohl wesensverwandt, und ich schätze mich sehr glücklich, dass Sie Ihre Wissen und ihre Leidenschaft hier mit uns teilen und uns an diesem enormen Wissen teilhaben lassen.

Mit herzlichem Gruß

Flauten

Antworten

Beitrag melden
22.12.2021 12:36 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 22.12.2021 12:41)
#20 RE: Hört mal...
ah

I have always been curious by nature and have always enjoyed investigating technical issues..

When I was very young, during the catechism class they often showed religious films.
All the kids watched the film, and I watched the Super 8 projector with its reels spinning instead...

Antworten

Beitrag melden
22.12.2021 12:48
#21 RE: Hört mal...

Practical electronic engineering must come in very handy. It goes the other way, too -- i know of someone who studied electrical engineering, he'd lovingly dis- and re-assemble (and maintain in between) his Hammond organ, and it'd still work afterwards. A useful combination =)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!