Orgel lernen im Alter

• Seite 3 von 4
04.04.2023 06:46 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 04.04.2023 06:50)
#31 RE: Orgel lernen im Alter
li

I would recommend answering a couple of questions to help define your path forward:
1) What type of activity do you want to do with the organ? Play for yourself, play for a congregation, play for a local club, etc.
2) What style of music do you want to play? Liturgical music, classical music, theatre organ-style music, pop/rock music, etc.

Once you answer those questions, you can ask more specific questions about achieving your organ playing goals.

Like @Positiv mentioned starting small, I recently started playing organ again but I took small steps to get there. I learned organ in college without having piano background and then didn't play for about 25 years after college--I could play fairly difficult pieces (the Prelude from Bach's Prelude and Fugue in D BWV 532, the Prelude and Fugue in C BWV 545, Hindemith's Sonata No. 2, ...) at the end of college but it was because I just spent loads of time learning just a few pieces, never any time developing full keyboard skills. Then 5 or 6 years ago I felt like I wanted to return to playing organ and bought an inexpensive Casio digital piano (with a stand like the CDP-S160). I knew I was years away from playing the pieces I played in college, so I looked for methods for organ, especially beginning methods because I didn't learn a lot of things about keyboard playing while in college. I decided on an organ method and after a few months on the Casio going so well, I wanted to add pedals. I bought for a couple of hundred dollars a very old Yamaha FX-20 with just 2 octaves of pedals--after a couple of weeks adding pedals to very simple pieces, I was sure I wanted to get a sturdy digital pipe organ. I saved for a while and was able to buy a Johannus LiVE 3TA just before COVID--I have played the 3TA every day since (except when sick or traveling).

When I looked for a beginning organ method, I found a master's thesis comparing organ tuitions/methods for student without piano background by Marian Steyl. If you remember just a bit how to read music and what the notes are for the keys on a keyboard, any of the organ methods Steyl reviewed could be used for self-teaching. Separately, I found two sequenced beginning organ methods she didn't evaluate that are published by Wayne Leupold--those two methods are designed like standard beginning piano methods but students can use a piano, an electronic keyboard, or an organ for it: Discover the Basics and Discover the Organ. I liked them because they started including pedal use early on and they include all the standard things taught in the piano method books but organ-style. There are some other methods you could use to learn on your own but I don't have experience with them: Ulrike Theresia's Orgelschule mit Hand und Fuß and Carsten Komp's Organ Playing from the Very Beginning.

I have recently re-asked myself the questions I wrote at the top of the post and realized that I want to be a very good sight reader so I can get a sense of any organ music I have the score (and appropriate organ sample set:) for. I realized this after recently learning the Prelude of Buxtehude's Prelude, Fugue and Chaconne. It took month's of practice and I realized I don't want to play only a couple of pieces a year because there is so much organ music to play (and I don't like performing). I'm in day 118 of focusing on building my sight-reading skills along with some technique and theory/keyboard harmonizing skills. I'm just about to start sight reading the series collected by Hans-Peter Braun called Orgel spielen mit Hand und Fuß--with 13 volumes of music arranged in order of difficulty, I'm just sight reading at the level 1 pieces and excited because all the pieces are real music, not like the bland computer generated exercises I get using Sight Reading Factory--I use the two-part pieces from Sight Reading Factory to warm up playing the top staff with my left hand and the bottom staff with my feet. Another source for my sight reading is a very good Bach-based approach: Sight-Reading & Harmony (Complete Edition)--the author Cory Hall has taken 150 phrase from the famous Bach 371 Chorales and broken each down into 5 grade levels where 1st level is two simplified voices and each level builds difficulty so that by the 5th level your reading the phrase in its full 4-voice version. I read 3 each day--I'm at the 3rd level (Grades 5-6) and I'm surprised how well I can sight read the phrases compared to last October.

So to your post's title, any one who can type on this forum is young enough to learn/keep learning to play organ, and there is ~600-700 years of music to play on so many different sounding organs, why wouldn't you learn to play organ!?!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
04.04.2023 09:03
#32 RE: Orgel lernen im Alter
So

Wenn Grundkenntnisse im Klavierspiel bei dir reaktivierbar sind, sind FREUDE, unablässiges, tägliches Üben und Geduld mit dir selbst die Antriebe um weiter zu kommen.

(Wichtiger als jeder Lehrer)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
04.04.2023 09:18
#33 RE: Orgel lernen im Alter

Leicht offtopic aber wichtig. Bei uns evangelisch gab es den Bezirkskantor und zwei hauptamtliche Kantoren im Bezirk. Ein Kantor ging letztes Jahr in Ruhestand und wird nicht mehr ersetzt. Katholisch wird es zukünftig einen erheblich größeren SEBezirk geben, was längere Fahrtstrecken zum Unterricht bedeuten kann.

Ich halte hauptamtliche Kirchenmusiker für unverzichtbar. Wo die nicht sind- und ich weiß wo nicht- leidet die Musik erheblich. Nicht weil die nebenamtlichen schlecht sind, sondern weil die qualifizierte Anleitung fehlt. Appell an jeden Leser dieses künstlerische Anliegen den Finanzverantwortlichen der Kirchen jeden Augenblick und 7/24 bekannt zu machen.

Wenn es keine Lehrer mehr gibt, wo sollen die Schüler und nachwachsenden Meister denn herkommen?

Michael

Antworten

Beitrag melden
04.04.2023 16:11
avatar  DigitalPipes ( gelöscht )
#34 RE: Orgel lernen im Alter
Di
DigitalPipes ( gelöscht )

Zitat von matzefratze81 im Beitrag #28
Moin,
ich glaube, ich habe jetzt fast alle ev. Organisten angeschrieben - ohne Erfolg. Wie sieht es autodidaktisch aus? Für Klavier gibt es ja diverse Online-Tools. Was denkt ihr? Die Alternative wäre nach 100 km aufwärts zu fahren.

I find it really hard to think that nobody is answering. Are all these organists so wealthy that they can afford to ignore/reject paid classes? Something must be wrong here.

Get a piano teacher and go from there. Basic piano technique is vital for good organ playing. Pedalboard technique is not so difficult to acquire in a second time.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
04.04.2023 17:55
#35 RE: Orgel lernen im Alter

Einen Lehrer zu finden ist sicher die bessere Lösung als der Sebstunterricht.
Aber vielleicht findet sich die eine oder andere Orgelschule, die für den Einstieg ohne Lehrer geeignet ist. Lies doch mal diese Informationen:
https://orgel-on.de/wp-content/uploads/2...rgelschulen.pdf
https://bistumlimburg.de/fileadmin/redak...mpfehlungen.pdf

Besonders erwähnt als geeignet für den Selbstunterricht wird die Orgelschule von Friedhelm Deis.

Nicht in diesen Texten erfasst sind die neuesten Orgelschulen von Carsten Klomp und Ulrike-Theresia Wegele; hier die Links dazu:
https://organ-journal.com/artikel/orgelspiel-von-anfang-an/
https://www.wegele.at/orgelschule_d.html

Ich vermag aber nicht abschließend zu beurteilen,ob Dich eine dieser Orgelschulen weiterbringt.
Beste Grüße,
Willi

Antworten

Beitrag melden
04.04.2023 20:02
#36 RE: Orgel lernen im Alter

Die Orgelschule von Friedhelm Deis (1930-2008) ist sicherlich zum Selbstunterricht geeignet, da den ersten beiden Bänden je ein Tonträger (CD) beigefügt ist.

https://shop.bischoff-verlag.de/Shop/Not...e-Band-1-3.html

Die Literaturauswahl im dritten Band ist immer noch sehr gut getroffen und erspart das Heraussuchen des Fingersatzes. Ähnliche Werke sind ohne Fingersatz die beiden Freiburger Orgelbücher und sehr zu empfehlen für alle plus und minus C-ler.

Was ich bei Deis für überholt halte sind die vielen stummen Fingerwechsel auch bei den barocken Stücken.

Michael

Antworten

Beitrag melden
04.04.2023 21:47
#37 RE: Orgel lernen im Alter
li

Zitat von DigitalPipes im Beitrag #34

Get a piano teacher and go from there. Basic piano technique is vital for good organ playing. Pedalboard technique is not so difficult to acquire in a second time.

I agree with @DigitalPipes about basic piano technique, but I will note that Wayne Leupold consulted with the American Guild of Organists (AGO) education committee in the 1990s when it was clear that the "pipeline" of organists was dwindling because of the dramatic drop in students studying piano. It had been the case that the vast majority of American organ teachers would not take on students without basic piano technique, but the number of students who complete basic piano training dropped so dramatically that there were few students interested in and "qualified" to study organ. Leupold coordinated with the AGO committee and reviewed piano method books--thus informed, he developed an "organ from the beginning" method that covered the basic piano technique but did so on the organ.

The AGO now has a committee and a growing group of young organists, partly due to the focus on organ from the beginning.

As an auto-didact myself, the thing that improves my playing most is listening critically to recordings of my playing--I do it at least once a week to see if what I thought I played can be heard in the recording. TIP: record the single phrase, page, or whole piece and then at least 1 full day later, listen to it. You'd be surprised how much more you hear with the delay in listening. Of course, listening live to organists play pipe organs is really necessary too, but it is hard to transfer many specifics you hear in those performances into your own playing especially if you're not at the same level as the organists you listen to.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.04.2023 09:45
#38 RE: Orgel lernen im Alter
ma

Moin,
gestern antwortete mir eine Organistin, dass sie momentan 2 Schüler hat und sich das sehr gut vorstellen kann. Sie hat noch weitere Schüler, d.h. sie hat auch Erfahrung.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.04.2023 10:26
#39 RE: Orgel lernen im Alter
ma

Noch eine kurze Frage
Was haltet ihr von:
a) Viscount Cantorum Duo mit Pedal und co
b) Gloria Klassik 224

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.04.2023 10:44
#40 RE: Orgel lernen im Alter
Administrator

Klanglich beides gut. Kommt darauf an, ob du eine modulare Lösung (Keyboard mit Ständer, Pedal) gegenüber einer Gesamtlösung in Möbelform vorziehst.

Auf Orgelsuche.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.04.2023 10:52
#41 RE: Orgel lernen im Alter
ma

Wie ist der Nachteil durch das separate Pedal? Mir gefällt der geringe Aufwand um sie von a nach b zu bewegen.

Dann wäre da noch eine Ahlborn DS16 in der Auswahl.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.04.2023 11:07
#42 RE: Orgel lernen im Alter
Administrator

Auch bei einer "Standorgel" ist das Pedal separat. Nachteile gibt es nicht.
Die Entscheidung scheint mir jedoch deinerseits bereits getroffen zu sein - offenbar ist die Transportabilität der Orgel ein Kriterium.

Auf Orgelsuche.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.04.2023 16:52
#43 RE: Orgel lernen im Alter

Wenn Du Wert auf Mobilität legst, ist das Cantorum Duo eine gute Wahl. Ich besitze das "große Besteck" mit Pedal, Bank und Untertisch. Im Einsatz verwende ich ein oder zwei PA-Systeme Lucas Nano 600, je nachdem, ob ich mit zwei oder vier externen Kanälen arbeite. Sie sind recht preisgünstig und haben eine ausgezeichnete Basswiedergabe. Ich habe sie sukzessiv zugekauft. Denn die interne Abstrahlung des Cantorum Duo mit der hinter den Klaviaturen quer liegenden Bassreflex-Röhre und 2x 40 Watt Leistung ist nicht schlecht.
Ich bin mit der Orgel, die ich seit vier Jahren im mobilen Dauereinsatz habe, sehr zufrieden.

LG
Michael

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.04.2023 17:33
#44 RE: Orgel lernen im Alter
tr

Zitat von Gemshorn im Beitrag #42
Auch bei einer "Standorgel" ist das Pedal separat. Nachteile gibt es nicht.

Ein Vorteil der "Standorgel" wäre vielleicht, dass das Pedal bauartbedingt immer in einer definierten Position ist. Wenn du ein "loses" Pedal hast, musst du halt selbst schauen, dass es relativ zu den Manualen richtig positioniert ist. Zu Hause würdest du wahrscheinlich auf dem Boden Markierungen für den Ständer und das Pedal anbringen.
Ein großer Unterschied zwischen den beiden Instrumenten sind die Klaviaturen. Das Cantorum Duo hat die ziemlich knackigen Viscount-Standardklaviaturen, die Klassik 224 leichtgängigere Klaviaturen. Wenn du die Möglichkeit dazu hast, probiere beide aus und entscheide anhand des Spielgefühls.

Viele Grüße
Trompetendulzian

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.04.2023 20:36
#45 RE: Orgel lernen im Alter

Cantorum Duo ist top und mobil.
Mit etwas Glück und Geduld um 1500 € zu haben, dann noch ein Midi - Pedal dazu und es kann losgehen.

Gruss Josef

2021/7 Viscount Cantorum Trio
2023/4 Roland C 30 und einige herrenlose Harmonien
PLZ 96132

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!